Saturday, December 08, 2007

www.ciyring.com

[ANOTHER failed attempt at lauching a site]
www.ciyring.com was to be the dream of mine.
'Cuz It's Your Ring - a ring customization site.

I'm embarrassed about this experience so I won't really
go into explaining why I made it. Just know that
I had to do it, my friend asked me, and now I ditched it.

Again, I spent way too much time deciding every
single minute detail that went into this design.
Is it going to be like this for every design of websites?
Gosh..

Here's a brief spec:
1. Idea: Ring customization site, in accordance a jewelry shop.
2. Backend: a basic ecommerce, Ruby based app made by yours truly
3. Time: good 3 months from start to disastrous end

Ruby coding was just enhancing the tutorial they had in the book,
Agile Programming in Ruby or something like that. The famous
one by Pragmatic?

I honestly say I have learned alot about Ruby on Rails, but the whole
thing is still new to me and a bit overboard. I don't think I'll have
the balls to implement such a thing again. Why do that when
there are other well developed open source engines?

Here's the image:


If you go to the site, I still left the debugging mode for Ruby open so it's
gonna take time to load.

Sucks cuz I lost the whole thing behind this one because my laptop hdd
failed on me. I really don't know what to do with this one..
Could I possibly sell this on eBay or something?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.