Sunday, March 30, 2014

MCAT studying tool I made in 2009 is still going strong

While prepping for MCAT in 2009, I came across SN2ed's awesome MCAT study schedule in SDN. He broke it down to daily to-dos, packed all of it into a 96 day system.

Thing is, it was a huge hassle to put all of that by hand into Google Calendar, and since I was toying heavily with jQuery at the time (RIGHT after I quit my job as a web programmer at a game company), so I decided to see if I can make a CSV exporter of the calendar. After some time I made it, and uploaded it to a free web hosting, and posted it on SDN.

Just because, I also linked in a traffic analyzer.

Well, it's still going strong. If you Google 'SN2ed calendar', my site comes in at the top 10 links.

SDN since have taken in SN2ed's schedule and maintains a Google Calendar, but still doesn't have that option to create one that is targeted to one's test date.

At average, it draws in 21 people. So far, 14,400 people have been to the site. Every now and then, I get messages from SDN asking for advice regarding usage.

Well, I never wrote anything about it in this blog, but figured I gotta start collecting all of my projects in one place.


No comments: