Monday, November 06, 2006

Monopoly BestBuy dollars are Here!!

After hearing about how you could mail the Game Piece Request center
with enclosing a self-addressed, stamped envelope to get the $1 to $5 game piece,

I set on a goal to send 100 envelopes.
That cost me:
200 stamps
160 envelopes (I already had 40)
to a total of ~$85.

Yesterday, I collected all the envelopes that came back to me and
neatly piled/organized them and took a picture:


Left green piles are the game pieces - I have 200 game pieces! haha.. I wonder if they are worth any money.

Right, in neat columns, represent $20 each column of BestBuy dollars, to a total of $107.

Next day I went in to BestBuy and bought a nice wireless phone, since we needed on in our house.

Thing is when I presented my $99 worth of BestBuy dollars, the cashier started scanning them in,
one by one. I felt bad but at the same time remembered it's my right to stand and be served, as a customer, so I stayed and never said sorry (plus it's BestBuy.. place of great customer horror stories!).

So, after 10~15 minutes of awkward silence in my part and another cashier coming to help out the counting, he counted them all, scanned them all in, and I got my $99.99 for only $1.07 !! (tax for $.99)

I'm kinda sorry for him cuz he was on his way to his break.. hahaha

But yeah if there's anyone who was skeptical about the whole thing, there you have it! It works!
The game is nearing its end date so I dunno if you guys still have time to try it.. But I think they do it every year.

No comments: